Three Sale-A-Bration Options for a Simple Thanks
Today’s card is all about two simple words: one French, one English.
I’ll start with the French. Never underestimate the power of thank you. In French, there’s only one word, still two syllables. Yet thank you in French sounds so much more charming. And wordly. The Merci was borrowed from the Sale-A-Bration stamp set So Very Much, which is available in French.
My second word is a favorite four-letter word in English: free. Today’s stamp was one of my free choices during the best Stampin’ Up! promotion of the year, Sale-A-Bration, when you get a free item of your choice for every $50 spent. It doesn’t get better than free.
Today’s card actually includes three free items: the So Very Much (French version), Delicate Details, and the 6 x 6 Glimmer Paper Assortment Pack.
Just Stamp Tips
Heat Embossing has to be one of my favorite techniques. When I first spied it, I was instantly wowed. Not only can you see the shine and dimension of heat embossing, but you can also feel it by running your finger over the embossed image.
- The good news is … it’s so easy to accomplish with the right tools: Heat Gun, a VersaMark pigment pad and Embossing Powder in your choice of color.
- An Embossing Buddy is helpful. One small little pouch prevents extra powder or glitter from sticking to your project.
- First I stamped, powdered and heat set the Merci, then I stamped, powdered and heat set the Delicate Details lace image.
Stamping Off or Second Generation Stamping is the second technique used on this card. It provides the sense of motion of a leaf blowing in the wind. Achieve it by inking once and stamping repeatedly without re-inking.
- One 1/4″ sliver of Glimmer Paper goes a long way. The Sale-A-Bration pact coordinates with Sweet Sugarplum, the base of the card.
- More gold. The small butterfly from Bold Butterfly Framelits was cut from Gold Foil using the Big Shot.
- One lengthy strand of Gold Metallic Thread nests the butterfly on the strands of ribbon.
You can find any of these supplies and more by skipping over to my store HERE.