Watermark and Heat Emboss Techniques
Pop of Paradise has seen lots of action in my stamping room. Today’s project put the new favorite set to work together with the watermark and heat embossing techniques to create a sort of flamingo habit. The result is more complex than my usual designs, but a special thank you card is worth the extra steps.
Just Stamp Tips
- To create the shallow water, I brought out the Painter’s Palette stamp set. Using the larger brush stroke image, I first stamped Bermuda Bay cardstock with Bermuda Bay classic ink.
- With the same image, I stamped using VersaMark and added Whisper White embossing powder.
- The foliage was created on Emerald Envy cardstock with a similar technique used to create the water. Exception: after stamping leaves with Emerald Envy classic ink, I stamped again using VersaMark and added Clear embossing powder.
- The flamingo was stamped on Whisper White cardstock using Cameo Coral with Melon Mambo for detail in the wing area.
- Crushed Curry helps the banner sentiment pop. For extra pop, I layered the heat embossed image on Basic Black.
- Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper dresses the envelope flap.
Pop of Paradise Class
Saturday, July 9
11 am – 2 pm
Early Bird Price $35
Let’s give Pop of Paradise a go! Join me to get together and stamp with a new favorite set. We’ll stamp four cards and a stationery box. All materials are included, plus you’ll take home your own Pop of Paradise photopolymer stamp set and Pop of Pink Washi Tape.
Deadline to receive Early Bird Pricing is June 20. Regular price is $45. To register and pay, click here or email me at email@example.com
Whilst I’m Away
Get Double Punches AND Free 2015-2017 In Color Doilies when you shop on-line and purchase $75-149.99 in product using the Hostess Code XNF6JFJ9. Click here to shop. Offer ends June 20, 2016.