Pop Of Paradise Flamingo
The tall pink bird with the black tipped beak that’s been hanging about in my neighbor’s yard for years is EVERYWHERE right now. I love that it’s in the Pop of Paradise stamp set that I got my paws on during the SU! demo pre-order. Along with the pineapple, the flamingo is one of my favorite images from the fun set. Have a look.
The Makings for a Friendly Thank You Card
Inspired by a trendy handbag from my fav Kate Spade, I stamped a thank you card with two flamingos. I chose to recreate the two friendly birds facing beak to beak among the flock.
Although the stamp set includes a flamingo facing left, I used the “mirror” technique to stamp a right facing bird for that beak-to-beak couple.
Just Stamp Tips
- To mirror the flamingo, I inked the image in Calypso Coral, added Melon Mambo to the wings using a dauber, then added Basic Black to the beak with a Stampin’ Write Marker.
- I then stamped the inked image onto a solid rubber stamp, gave it a huff of air and stamped down onto Whisper White cardstock. Since this is a second generation print, the colors are less vibrant than the first generation flamingo that’s facing left.
- Both flamingos were hand snipped. For easy snipping, remember to turn the paper and not the snips. Much easier.
- For the striped background, I cut Very Vanilla and Whisper White cardstock into 5/8″ x 4″ strips. I mounted the strips onto a 4″ x 5 1/4″ Whisper White piece. Once completely covered in stripes, I trimmed the piece down to 3 3/4″ x 5″ and layered it on a 4″ x 5 1/4″ Basic Black cardstock.
- More hand-snipping was required for the thank you banner. Again, turn the paper and fussy cutting becomes a “no-whining-needed” creative task.
- To dress the envelope, I cut a 2 1/4″ x 5 3/4″ piece of the black and white polka dot print from the Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper. Once adhered to the envelope flap, I snipped to shape.
The Pop of Pink suite includes everything I fancy: the stamp set, designer series paper and washi tape. To view any of the products used, hop over to the Stampin’ Up! store.
Get Double Punches AND Free 2015-2017 In Color Doilies when you shop on-line and purchase $75-149.99 in product using the Hostess Code XNF6JFJ9. Click here to shop.
Join me on Saturday, July 9 to get crafty with the Pop of Pink suite. Class fee include the Pop of Paradise photopolymer stamp set, Pop of Pink Washi Tape and all materials to create four cards and a stationery box. Click here for more information and to reserve your spot today. Early Bird price ends June 20.