Huge Thanks for Dad with Another Thank You
Father’s Day is June 19. It’s not too soon to start thinking about a hand-made card.
Dads deserve the most humongous “thank you” you can get your hands on. For me, that “thank you” comes from the retiring Stampin’ Up! set called Another Thank You. Those magic words pretty much sum up the sentiment needed for a simply, no-frills Father’s Day card.
Like the colored stripes? They were created with the new In Color named Dapper Denim. I love it! I loved it before it was an In Color because I’ve had my eye on this color shopping in the dress and shoes departments of my favorite stores. It’s a beautiful, casual blue that pairs awesomely with loads of colors.
I paired it with Cherry Cobbler, Kraft and a hint of gold.
Just Stamp Tips
- To create the background, I layered 5/8″ x 5 1/4″ strips of Dapper Denim and Very Vanilla on a
4 x 5″ piece of Very Vanilla. Once the Very Vanilla base was covered in stripes, I trimmed it down to 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″. Although it may seem redundant to add the Very Vanilla strips, the huge Thank You stamp needs a smooth, flat surface for a well-inked image.
- VersaMark and Cherry Cobbler embossing powder were combined to create the raised, bold and shiny sentiment that is the focus of this design.
- The striped art was layered on a piece of 4″ x 5 1/4″ Very Vanilla card stock.
- The “DAD” banner was created with Little Letter Thinlits (retiring) and Corrugated Kraft paper, my favorite textured paper.
- More texture was added by wrapping fibers pulled from White 1 1/4″ Jute ribbon.
- Stars were cut using the Stars Framelits and a retired Star punch.
Here are the links to retiring stamps and everything else. Many items are still available, and many items are even on sale. Don’t miss out!