And Ice Cream, Too!
All the decorations and treats that a birthday celebration demands are laid out neatly in today’s Mojo Monday sketch 446. The icing on the cake is the use of tasty colors like Mint Macaron and Watermelon Wonder. The color scheme leaps straight out of the Birthday Bouquet DSP.
It’s a great sketch suitable for showcasing sentiments, shapes and details.
Just Stamp Tips
- The Happy Birthday sentiment stacked like a two layer cake is one of the two thinlets in the Party Pop Up Dies. As the product name implies, the thinlets are designed to pop up at the recipient when the standard card is opened, but the images make fun elements on the card exterior, too.
- To add realism and color, I cut the Happy Birthday cake in three colors: Soft Suede, Watermelon Wonder and Whisper White. I hand-colored the Whisper White candle flames using Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie. Each Whisper white candle and flame was adhered to the Soft Suede cake. After snipping the flame, I adhered the Watermelon candles as the topmost layer.
- Balloons were two-step stamped using Pool Party and Mint Macaron. To complete in a snap, the Balloon Bouquet punch makes perfect balloons in two sizes.
- Multi-colored banners were punched with the retiring Banner punch. A delicate Doily touch is layerd over the scrummy colors.
- The geometric bow was cut using the Cutie Pie Thinlet Dies. Slits in the bow make assembly easy. I put the bone folder to work to stretch the card stock before forming the bow loops.
- Three medium-sized jewels add the bling to finish.
To shop for any stamps, tools and materials, click on any image below. You’ll transport directly to my Stampin’ Up! store.