Sweet Card Set and Gift Box with Bella & Friends
The adorable new canine set Bella & Friends returns rubberstamping to the basics: stamps, paper and ink. As beginners, that’s all we need to create cards. The images in this 11-piece set require the addition of just one tool to watercolor and voila! A cheerful project is ready for gifting in just a few minutes.
Just Stamp Tips
- The six art images in this adorable set are just barking to be watercolored. All you need is a blender pen (as shown in the short video below) or an Aqua Painter and ink pads. If watercoloring looks easy, it is!
- For best results, watercolor with StazOn ink paired with Shimmery White cardstock. The two avoid color runs and soggy paper.
- Start with Note Cards & Envelopes. No need to cut and score— it’s already been done.
- Cut four pieces of 4″ x 2 1/2″ piece of Shimmery White.
- For matting, cut four pieces of Basic Black cardstock measuring 4 1/8″ x 2 5/8″.
- Add depth with Stampin’ Dimensionals to show of each playful image.
Box Them Up
Create a quick storage or gift box using the Gift Bag Punch Board. Add a lid, ribbon and cute image. So easy. So adorable!
Are you visiting Just Stamp? I’d love to read your comments. Click on Comment at the top of this post to leave your thoughts and suggestions. TFS!
Click on any image below to shop.
Don’t Miss It!
This Monday, June 27, is my annual Open House and Stamp Sale. Pop in to see some of my favorites from the new 2016-17 Stampin’ Up! catalog. Plus, you’ll have a chance to get your hands on new stamps and tools with a make-and-take. Gently loved retired stamps, tools and accessories will be for sale. Bring a friend!
Questions? Call, text or email.
Watermark and Heat Emboss Techniques
Pop of Paradise has seen lots of action in my stamping room. Today’s project put the new favorite set to work together with the watermark and heat embossing techniques to create a sort of flamingo habit. The result is more complex than my usual designs, but a special thank you card is worth the extra steps.
Just Stamp Tips
- To create the shallow water, I brought out the Painter’s Palette stamp set. Using the larger brush stroke image, I first stamped Bermuda Bay cardstock with Bermuda Bay classic ink.
- With the same image, I stamped using VersaMark and added Whisper White embossing powder.
- The foliage was created on Emerald Envy cardstock with a similar technique used to create the water. Exception: after stamping leaves with Emerald Envy classic ink, I stamped again using VersaMark and added Clear embossing powder.
- The flamingo was stamped on Whisper White cardstock using Cameo Coral with Melon Mambo for detail in the wing area.
- Crushed Curry helps the banner sentiment pop. For extra pop, I layered the heat embossed image on Basic Black.
- Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper dresses the envelope flap.
Pop of Paradise Class
Saturday, July 9
11 am – 2 pm
Early Bird Price $35
Let’s give Pop of Paradise a go! Join me to get together and stamp with a new favorite set. We’ll stamp four cards and a stationery box. All materials are included, plus you’ll take home your own Pop of Paradise photopolymer stamp set and Pop of Pink Washi Tape.
Deadline to receive Early Bird Pricing is June 20. Regular price is $45. To register and pay, click here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whilst I’m Away
Get Double Punches AND Free 2015-2017 In Color Doilies when you shop on-line and purchase $75-149.99 in product using the Hostess Code XNF6JFJ9. Click here to shop. Offer ends June 20, 2016.
New Single Background Stamp
The pineapple and the flamingo have to be the two single most trendy images of the year. Everywhere I turn, there they are. On EVERYTHING!
Take today’s card. I created a thank you card by heat embossing the image on Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight and Dapper Denim. So simple. Each panel is layered on Basic Black cardstock and Voila! — a quick and simple thank you card is done.
To dress the envelope flap, I adhered and snipped a strip of Pop Of Pink DSP.
Visit to St. Paul’s on Queen’s 90th Birthday
David and I were excited to arrive at St. Paul’s cathedral in London on the day Queen Elizabeth started her 3-day celebration of her “official” birthday. After being stuck in the underground for half an hour, we arrived at the church just in time to see the guests in their swanky dresses and hats making their way out of the church. Still, it’s was quite exciting. Two days of sightseeing and theatre-going later, we headed out of London. We finally arrived in Canterbury, destination of the pilgrims made famous by Chaucer and his tales.
Whilst I’m Away
Get Double Punches AND Free 2015-2017 In Color Doilies when you shop on-line and purchase $75-149.99 in product using the Hostess Code XNF6JFJ9. Click here to shop.
One Day Only: Get a Kit for Just $5!
Have you ever said, “One day I’ll sign up for Paper Pumpkin.” Let that day be today!
Use promo code “ONEDAYDEAL” at PaperPumpkin.com and get your first kit for just $5 USD.
It’s a deal too good to pass up! But like many good things, if you snooze, you lose. If you’ve been curious about Paper Pumpkin, this is a great chance to check it out.
First time subscribers can receive their first kit for only $5. A new email address makes anyone a new subscriber.
This flash sale begins Thursday, June 9 at 5 pm and ends Friday, June 10 at 11:50 pm (mountain time).
Italian Riviera Holiday
Today was wash day in Rapallo. Here’s my view as I strolled over to the laundry room. Our resort is perched high in the hills overlooking the wharf. It’s a breathtaking view. For my rough chore day, I was rewarded with dinner at a cozy restaurant overlooking the village castle. On the menu today: minestrone, local fish, Nero wine, tiramisu and cappucino. It’s a sweet life.