Five New Colors Debut
I love them all. Each year Stampin’ Up! introduces five trendy colors to add to the color collection. They’re called the In Colors to differentiate them from the 40 core colors that are available year-to-year.
In Colors are well researched by the Stampin’ Up! gurus. You’ll spot them whenever you shop fashions or home decor. Because they are trendy, In Colors are available for only two years.
Some years, I love some, like some. Some years, it takes a few months for me to warm up to any of them. This year: LOVE them. All of them. Take a look.
These colors will be spotted in Stampin’ Up! projects for the next two years: ink, markers, paper, ribbon, embellishments and more. Of the many things I love about Stampin’ Up!, color coordination ranks in the top three. It makes designing easy for us all.
Starting June 1, you can get your inky paws on these beauties.
Want More Stamps AND a Discount?
Purchase the Starter Kit in June and you will receive two FREE stamp sets for only $99. With the launch of the new catalog, now’s the best time to join Stampin’ Up! Want more information? Click here.
Final Days to Collect Rare Dog Set
Alerting all dog peeps. The current canine set that includes not only a Scottie, but also a pug, dachshund and poodle is nearing its final days of availability. “Hot Diggity Dog!” is adorable.
Not a dog person. “You Little Furball” is the comparable feline set.
Man’s best friend is one of the best messengers to convey heartfelt greetings, especially birthday wishes. Today’s card is just right for men, women and children. Always a good card to have on hand.
Just Stamp Tips
- Paper piecing creates a warm Cherry Cobbler sweater for Scottie. Stamp the canine body twice; once on the thick Whisper White card base and once on the Cherry Cobbler DSP in the Merry Moments collection. Hand-snip just the sweater and adhere with a mini-glue dot.
- Stamp, hand-snip and adhere the Scottie head using Dimensionals for a 3-D effect.
- Watercolor paper creates a substantial “happy.”
- Use Gold Wink of Stella three ways:
- Add sheen to the “happy” thinlit by painting
- Add allover splatter for more celebratory glitz.
- Give Scottie a gold collar and tag.
Don’t Delay! Retirement is Near!
Click on the links to see all retiring stamps and everything else. Order now; supplies are first-come, first-serve.
Simple Cut Frames Short and Sweet Sentiments
No more hoarding beautiful papers! Open the package of pretty papers; it will look even prettier on a card that will produce smiles.
This quick and easy template works perfectly with almost any patterned paper to create cards. The patterned paper I chose is the Going Places paper stack. It includes lots of awesome patterns like the subtle pattern I chose. It looks like a wood plank.
Today I also chose to give some love to a punch that hasn’t been (wo)man-handled in light years. So sad. The Owl Builder deserves more respect. Along with a sentiment from the Grateful Bunch stamp set, it helped produce a sweet thank you card.
Just Stamp How To Tips
- Cut the DSP to measure 4 x 4 1/4″
- Place the DSP on the paper trimmer at an angle. No need for precision. I started one side at about 1 1/4″ and angled up to about 2″.
- Split the DSP to create a frame for the sentiment. To add depth, use Dimensionals to adhere to the card base.
- Stamp the forest trees using Mossy Meadow card stock and ink.
- Cut the trees using the Perfect Pines Framelits Dies.
- Add Clear Wink of Stella for detail on trees and owl.
- Dress the Crumb Cake envelope with Going Places Mossy Meadow grid pattern.
Going, Going, Gone
Get these favorites before they’re gone.
- Mossy Meadow is a beautiful foresty green. It is an In Color that will vanish on June 1.
- Going Places Designer Series Paper Stack is loaded with awesome cartographic/topographic designs.
- Envelope Liner Framelits help dress a naked envelope to complete the hand-made card ensemble.
Find everything that is retiring using the links below.
MyPaperPumpkin Has Arrived!
It’s time to celebrate your favorite brother, grandpa, dad, friend, son, and uncle! The Many Manly Occasions kit from MyPaperPumpkin is perfect for Father’s Day, birthdays, or every day occasions.
Have a look at the May PaperPumpkin Kit by clicking below.
It’s one of the highlights of the month. About this time every month, MyPaperPumpkin arrives in my snail mailbox and I’m always eager to see what’s in the box. It’s exciting because the contents seem to get better and better. This month’s kit is perfect for the manly cards I’ll need in June.
If you haven’t heard the details, MyPaperPumpkin is Creativity in a Box. Each month a complete project arrives in the easy-to-spot box. Inside are stamps, ink and paper–everything you need to create. You can choose to subscribe month-to-month for just 19.95 per month (shipping is already included). Or you can purchase a prepaid subscription for 1 to 12 months–you save when you commit to 6 or 12 months.
Add PaperPumpkin to Your Monthly Calendar
MyPaperPumpkin is a great way to de-stress and knock out some special hand-made greetings. Make a plan to schedule some fun and easy crafting for every month. Click HERE if you’d like to join the fun.
Huge Thanks for Dad with Another Thank You
Father’s Day is June 19. It’s not too soon to start thinking about a hand-made card.
Dads deserve the most humongous “thank you” you can get your hands on. For me, that “thank you” comes from the retiring Stampin’ Up! set called Another Thank You. Those magic words pretty much sum up the sentiment needed for a simply, no-frills Father’s Day card.
Like the colored stripes? They were created with the new In Color named Dapper Denim. I love it! I loved it before it was an In Color because I’ve had my eye on this color shopping in the dress and shoes departments of my favorite stores. It’s a beautiful, casual blue that pairs awesomely with loads of colors.
I paired it with Cherry Cobbler, Kraft and a hint of gold.
Just Stamp Tips
- To create the background, I layered 5/8″ x 5 1/4″ strips of Dapper Denim and Very Vanilla on a
4 x 5″ piece of Very Vanilla. Once the Very Vanilla base was covered in stripes, I trimmed it down to 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″. Although it may seem redundant to add the Very Vanilla strips, the huge Thank You stamp needs a smooth, flat surface for a well-inked image.
- VersaMark and Cherry Cobbler embossing powder were combined to create the raised, bold and shiny sentiment that is the focus of this design.
- The striped art was layered on a piece of 4″ x 5 1/4″ Very Vanilla card stock.
- The “DAD” banner was created with Little Letter Thinlits (retiring) and Corrugated Kraft paper, my favorite textured paper.
- More texture was added by wrapping fibers pulled from White 1 1/4″ Jute ribbon.
- Stars were cut using the Stars Framelits and a retired Star punch.
Here are the links to retiring stamps and everything else. Many items are still available, and many items are even on sale. Don’t miss out!